- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
Bushmills Distillery is located near the North Antrim Coast of Northern Ireland and is the home of the iconic Black Bush and other Bushmills Irish Whiskeys.
The distillery is best known for its single malt and single grain whiskeys and indeed some might argue that it is closer in design and operation to one of the neighbouring Scotch whisky distilleries a short distance away across the Irish Sea. Their most famous whiskey is the iconic Black Bush Whiskey ; a blend of 80% Single Malt and 20% Single Grain Irish Whiskey all of which is made from “Grain to Glass” in Bushmills Distillery.
For many years it was the only Irish Whiskey distillery producing single malt whiskey which they also supplied to other well known blended Irish Whiskey companies such as Tullamore DEW.
Bushmills Distillery claims to be one of the oldest whiskey distilleries in the world and they can trace their lineage back to the granting of their original distillery licence more than 400 years ago in 1608.
Bushmills Distillery runs a wide range of visitor offerings including distillery tours and whiskey tastings. However, be aware that this is a fully functioning Irish Whiskey Distillery and tours may occasionally be suspended because of production constraints. Check their website or give them a call to ensure that they are open for visitors before you plan your journey and visit to Bushmills.