- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
In early November 2012, Dick Mack’s Pub was inspired to become Dingle’s first whiskey bar by Peter White and Finn Mac Donnell and consequently it has built a formidable collection of Irish, Scotch and other whiskey from around the world. Dick Mack’s hosted the first Irish Whiskey Society (IWS) tasting outside of Dublin in 2013 and as a result, Dingle now has its own Dingle Irish Whiskey Society Chapter of which Finn is a founding member. Numerous pubs around the town have also added to their whiskey collections helping to put Dingle firmly on the whiskey map. These bars also host the monthly Irish Whiskey Society Chapter tastings in turn.
Dick Mack’s Pub has won Munster & Irish Whiskey Bar of the Year for 2014, 2015 & 2016 and strives to innovate and improve upon its whiskey experience all of the time. Whiskey conversation is centre stage in the pub now with regulars and tourists alike sharing a dram and eulogising the merits of Ireland’s national tipple in a very unique and warm setting. I suppose what makes Dick Mack’s pub so special is the fact that it hasn’t changed much in over 100 years and it is still owned by the same family.
Dick Mack’s Pub has launched its own brew house this year, housed in an old outhouse dating back to 1850 and will brew an IPA and Blonde Ale to begin with.