- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
The 5* Heritage Killenard in Co. Laois is an ideal mid-tour base if you feel like treating yourself to a 5* mid-tour break while touring the whiskey sights of Ireland.
But best of all is that the Heritage Killenard has one of the best Irish Whiskey and Whisky cards of any Hotel in Ireland. I can think of few better places to enjoy an after dinner evening at the hotel bar then the Slieve Bloom Bar in the Heritage. It is also quite close to Tullamore DEW and Kilbeggan Distilleries – Two of Ireland’s best Irish Whiskey Tourism attractions.
While the whiskey card is top rate and the prices are quite reasonable for a 5* Hotel, what we like best about the Slieve Bloom Whiskey Bar are the wonderful staff. It is quite obvious that even the newest and youngest staff have been given a grounding in whiskey knowledge by someone leading their team who really cares about Irish Whiskey.
There may be bigger whiskey bars and whiskey bars with more whiskey expressions in Ireland ,but the Heritage Killenard is very special in the way they combine whiskey, good food, 5* luxury and friendly whiskey-savvy staff to make a uniquely special evening for any visiting whiskey aficionado. I continue to be impressed each time I visit.