- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
Royal Oak Distillery in County Carlow, is a world-class Irish Whiskey Distillery producing Irish whiskeys by hand on an 18th century estate in Ireland’s Ancient East Region. Visitors can experience the ancient craft of whiskey distilling in a fully guided, multi-sensory tour of one of Ireland’s largest operational whiskey distilleries. Walsh Whiskey Distillery produces all three styles of Irish whiskey – single pot still, single malt and single grain – and visitors can see first-hand how all three styles are created under one roof.
Set deep in the heart of barley-growing country, at Royal Oak, Carlow, Royal Oak Distillery is situated directly over the Barrow River Valley Aquifer and is framed by two-hundred-year-old mighty oak trees on the banks of the River Barrow.
Also on the grounds of the picturesque Royal Oak estate is the 18th century country house, Holloden House, which is being lovingly restored to add to the Whiskey Distillery’s unique visitor experience.
Visitors to Royal Oak Distillery can choose one of three tour and tasting options, aimed at everyone from the novice whiskey enthusiast to the connoisseur. Tours are available daily from June to September, with reduced opening hours outside of the summer season. Full details are available on the website, RoyalOakDistillery.com and pre-booking is advised but not essential.